This year’s Grammy Awards have come and gone and so has another live blog. We did it a little different this time around and “tweeted” the night’s festivities on Twitter with the live feed appearing in this spot during the pre-show and telecast.
If you missed it, then don’t despair–the entire transcript is available after the bounce! And if loved, hated or didn’t give a damn about the awards show, then leave your two cents in the comments section with the rest of the cool kids.
51st Annual Grammy Awards pre-show & red carpet coverage:
- Paula Adbul, please take your meds.KTHXBI!
- Flo Rida is making it train with Monopoly money on the red carpet. o_O It’s all downhill from here, folks.
- Ne-Yo’s dates keep getting beiger and beiger.
- Seacrest needs to stop the madness that is his singing.
- Lil Wayne wins the Grammy for Best Rap Solo. “Swagga Like Us” wins for Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group. YAWN
- Congrats to Estelle & Ye for winning Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for “American Boy”!! We can get with that.
- “Lollipop” won for Best Rap Song. Insert eye roll here. R.I.P. Static Major, though.
- Alicia Keys won Best Female R&B Vocal Performance. I guess.
- Jazmine was ROBBED!!
- Ne-Yo won Best Male R&B Vocal Performance. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
- Eric Benet was ROBBED!
- Congrats to Al
Green for back-to-back awards for Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or
Group With Vocals & Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance
- Congrats to Chrisette Michele for winning the Best Urban/Alternative Performance even though she was in the wrong category. o_O
- Another win for Ne-Yo & nem for Best R&B Song.
- Go head, Mary J! Growing Pains FTW for Best Contemporary R&B Album!!
- There are only 2 Rap awards and 1 R&B award left to give out during the televised show. This is some bull.
- Fantasia looks surprisingly non-ghetto.
- ERIC BENET sighting!!! Looking so dapper with his date Manuela Testolini & his baby girl India.
- Why is Giuliana Rancic’s hairline at an angle? Is she the alien or the predator?
- Adele is geeked about seeing Justin Timberlake. She’s so young. LOL
- Happy that they dressed Adele in plus-size appropriate clothing. Although she did look a little matronly.
- Chris Brown under investigation for battery? WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT??????
- WORD? R/T @TheGRAMMYs SInger/songwriter Raphael Saadiq arrived hand-in-hand with date Nia Long.
- The Rock. That’s all.
- Oh, Maiysha http://tinyurl.com/bwyvre Love you, don’t love the outfit.
- Wayna looked quite stunning on the red carpet. http://tinyurl.com/b8zub6
- Oh snap! Rihanna cancels her Grammy appearance tonight!!!
- This Chris Brown story done snowballed into a big fat mess.
- Leprechaun 2009 starring Raheem DeVaughn http://tinyurl.com/aqyryj
- Jennifer Hudson looks fantastic. Love. Her.
- And there’s Punk. Ryan Seacrest called him “baby.” I can’t.
- T.I. cleans up well.
- I got 5 on M.I.A. going into labor on live TV.
51st Annual Grammy Awards:
- U2 is kicking this year’s Grammy Awards off. This better be good!
- Whitney looks damn good. Her wig is on straight and everything.
- First televised award is gonna be Best R&B Album. Geesh, they’re getting this outta the way early.
- Uh oh, Whit is going off script to big up Clive Davis. Be afraid.
- Jennifer Hudson FTW! Stevie Wonder coulda seen that one coming.
- Jenny’s speech made me choke up a little sunthin. Nova, pass me a tissue.
- Did they tell The Rock to stretch for time?
- Justin Timberlake on now. Please get to Al Green already. All this extra is unnecessary.
- Boyz II Men & Al Green bout to show y’all how it’s done.
- *Thinks back to Maxwell’s Al Green tribute at the BET Awards…http://tinyurl.com/cpsnhb
- Why in da hell was Boyz II men singing backup to Justin? No justice, no peace.
- Jigga rocked the mic with Chris Martin on piano. Not bad.
- Was Chris Martin sipping from Paula Abdul’s cup backstage or is he always this animated?
- What does Carrie Underwood have on? She’s lucky I like this song.
- *Sings along: AND I DON’T EVEN KNOW HIS LAST NAME* Don’t act like I’m the only one.
- Why do LeAnn Rhimes and Sheryl Crow look about the same age. That aint right. If you’re LeAnn.
- I’m so over Duffy. Anyone else?
- Coldplay wins Song of the Year for “Viva La Vida” right after performing it. The Grammys are up to their old tricks I see.
- Hold up, did the announcer just say that Kid Rock was a double nominee tonight? o_O
- That sista singing backup for Kid Rock waaaay in the back is getting it in.
- I wonder if Wrigley’s is gonna “Michael Phelps” Chris Brown and kill his endorsement?
- Taylor Swift + Hannah Montana. And now it’s time for the teeny bopper portion of the evening. Is Desperate Housewives on yet?
- I thought Robert Plant was on Sober House? *shrug*
- Was that Yolanda Adams sitting next to Big Boi? Intrastin.
- Uh oh…Maybe JHud should pre-taped this performance a la the Super Bowl? Come on, Jenny, get it together.
- And like clockwork there’s the gospel choir.
- I wondered when they were gonna appear. Every awards show must have a gospel choir during 1 performance. It’s in the by-laws.
- Jennifer Hudson got me bout to break down over here.
- So Diddy is gonna be on CSI: Miami tomorrow night. Talk about Must Not See TV.
- Stevie Wonder performing with The Jonas Fetuses? No ma’am.< /span>
- Stevie Wonder getting his T-Pain on? Wow. Just wow.
- Actually, Stevie Wonder is getting his Roger Troutman on. Now that I can get with.
- Why couldn’t they just let Stevie sing his damn song in peace?
- All y’all Jonas Brother please sit down. IMMEDIATELY.
- My side eye has left the building.
- If I never hear “I Kissed A Girl” again in life.
- Has Kanye made up with his barber yet?
- Kanye & Estelle have on coordinating shiny outfits. How cute!
- Kanye had to slip that dig at the Grammys in. He’s nothing if not consistent.
- Adele FTBNAW….for the Best New Artist win!
- Why was Adele walking to the stage like she was pregnant? She was waddling more than M.I.A
- Better luck next year, Jazmine Sullivan. *sigh*
- Morgan Freeman has what to do with music?
- Oh, he was introducing his friend Kenny Chesney. Never pictured them as homies, but whatev.
- Country nap! Wake me when this performance is done.
- Herbie Hancock, Natalie Cole & Diddy? Mmkay. At least they’re presenting and not performing together.
- What DOES Natalie Cole have on? No ma’am.
- It never fails that a song that I’ve never heard racks up a ton of awards. o_O
- Queen Latifah looks good. Woulda done more with her hair, though. *shrug*
- M.I.A. is all types of wrong for that outfit.
- What’s up with the black and white action, CBS?
- Did Kanye, Jay-Z, TI and Lil Wayne not tell M.I.A. about the dress code? They’re all tuxed up and she looka mess.
- Lil Wayne doesn’t look as repulsive in black and white. Maybe CBS was on to something?
- Please don’t fall down those stairs, M.I.A. PLEASE!
- And Kate Beckingsale is on here because?
- Paul McCartney time.
- Kid Rock got his drank in his cup.
and…Sugarland? This won’t be as exciting as when they teamed up with
Beyonce to do “Irreplaceable” on one of these awards.
- So where’s Adele?
- Adele got her ghetto girl nails poppin.
- They couldn’t put Adele in a different frock for her performance? o_O At least she sounds great.
- Is Gwyneth Paltrow’s stylist in cahoots with Estelle and Kanye?
performance with a marching band? Check. The Grammys are definitely
following the music awards show playbook to a T tonight.
- Just saw Raphael Saadiq rocking his mustard yellow Civil Rights cut suit in the audience. Didn’t see Nia Long, though.
- Samuel L. Jackson introducing TI and Justin Timberlake. Him again?
- Can’t wait for the day until Justin Timberlake is out of style.
- At least JT sounds better now than he did earlier.
- OK, this TI performance has officially gone on for too long.
- Requisite boring Grammy stuff. Blah, blah, blah.
- I wonder if the music industry is gonna ask for a bailout?
- Old Green Eyes, Smokey Robinson. Still pretty after all these years.
- RIP Levi Stubbs.
- Ne-Yo, Jamie Foxx, Smokey & the last Top. This was a good idea on paper.
- This Four Tops tribute is NOT working. Such a pity.
- What was that “Viagra Like Us”?
- Neil Diamond time.
- Now for the sad part of the show. Remembering those who left us. Relax in paradise, y’all.
- Bo Diddley tribute. Y’all better play. I see you, BB King.
- Another Lil Wayne performance? Give me a break.
- At least he used Robin Thicke and didn’t recycle Justin Timberlake again.
- Lil Wayne looks like Roscoe from Martin.
- The Dirty Dozen Brass Band FTW.
- This was a surprisingly good Lil Wayne performance. Big up Allen Toussaint & Terrence Blanchard.
- Does T-Pain have on 3D glasses?
- Will.i.am does not look happy to be presenting with that clown.
- I see you, Nas! Looking all good.
- Lil Wayne wins Best Rap Album. Yeah, OK.
- And the purpose of everyone and his grandma joining him on stage was what? This aint the BET Awards, man! SAHDOWN!
- At least Wayne’s acceptance speech was short, sweet and coherent. He must not have had his medicine tonight.
Krauss & Robert Plant performing now. I think we know who the next
award will be going to. o_O Y’all aint slick, Grammys!!
- Album of the Year…does not go to Lil Wayne!
- So I guess this
is it, huh? Another anti-climactic Grammy Awards comes to an end. Damn
you, M.I.A. for not giving birth during “Swagga”!!
- Oh, but wait…Stevie Wonder is closing the show!!
- Glad that Stevie kicked the Jonas Brothers to the curb.
- How dare they show commercials during Stevie’s performance?
- And that’s all,
folks. This year’s Grammy Awards has been real. Real what, I’m still
trying to figure that one out. Ciao for now!