There are simply not enough abbreviations to explain the excitement housed within my tingling body after I discovered that the man, the myth, the legend of Maxwell is going to be touring in the fall. In short, we here at SoulBounce HQ have been OMFGing and WTHing all over the place. Trumped only by the possibility of a Bigfoot sighting last week, we were somewhat comforted by the following MySpace update some time ago by Sy Smith:
Yesterday, we put you on to a YouTube clip of Maxy performing the lovely "This Woman's Work." But we have been duped before. There was also talk of a tour a little while ago, but we weren't convinced. Plus, does anyone else remember a Valentine's Day promise of a triple-disc CD entitled Black Summer's Night starting with Black? Mmm hmm. Us, too.
But now we can proudly announce that there are Maxwell tour dates scheduled. Does this mean that Black Summer's Night will be released soon? As of yet, there has been no official or unofficial word on that. But you can at least be comforted that he is coming. Very, very soon. Boston get ready. As of right now, you're up first.
- October 8, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. - Boston Opera House (Boston, MA)
- October 9, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Radio City Music Hall (New York, NY)
Ticket sales begin 8/22/08 at 12:00 p.m.
- October 12, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Massey Hall (Toronto, ON)
- October 21, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Orpheum Theater (Minneapolis, MN)
Ticket sales begin 8/22/08 at 6:00 p.m.
- October 22, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Omaha Music Hall (Omaha, NE)
Ticket sales begin 8/23/08 at 12:00 p.m.
- November 7, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. - Verizon Wireless Theater (Houston, TX)
Ticket sales begin 8/23/08 at 10:00 a.m.